The Daisy Network
PO BOX 71432
London, SW6 9HJ
How Your Support Helps
What we do and how your membership fee helps
The Daisy Network is the only national charity for premature ovarian insufficiency in the UK. All of our committee members are unpaid volunteers.
Our primary aim is to provide a support network and information for women with premature ovarian insufficiency (POI)/early menopause. We do this through:
- Local meet-ups
- Annual conference
- Christmas lunches
- Website forum
- Update newletter
- Information leaflets, posters and business cards
- Twitter updates
- Facebook community
We also aim to increase awareness of premature ovarian insufficiency in the general population and amongst the medical profession. We do this through:
- Media coverage – for example we have recently been featured in the Daily Mail.
- Attending conferences – for example the British Menopause Society Annual Conference in June 2012
- Providing leaflets, business cards and posters on premature ovarian insufficiency free of charge to all clinics who request them. This may be the only form of support a woman diagnosed with POI receives at her doctor’s and is a vital resource.
We represent women with premature ovarian insufficiency and provide a voice for you. We do this though:
- Attending Human Fertility and Embryology Association (HFEA) meetings
- Assisting with the development of a European guideline on the diagnosis and management of premature ovarian insufficiency. This is being co-ordinated by the European Society of Human Reproduction and Embryology (ESHRE)
- We are registered as a stakeholder for the new National Institute of Clinical Excellence (NICE) Menopause guideline which is under development